Video and Photography Policy
Llandegfedd Sailing Club promotes the safe enjoyment of sailing. As an RYA recognised Training Establishment we are fully aware of our responsibilities to Children and Vulnerable adults. One area that can cause concern is the use of cameras. We cannot stop all users of the reservoir using cameras, nor would we want to; it is a public space. What we can do however, is control how the club uses and displays photographs, and how they are linked to individuals. The following policy is in line with RYA guidelines
Club Photography and Video Policy
In accordance with our child protection policy Llandegfedd Sailing Club will not arrange for photographs, video or other images of young people to be taken or published without the consent of the parents/guardians and children. We will abide by the Conditions of Use below. If you have any concerns about the way images are being used, you should mail our Child Protection Officer via email@example.com immediately.
Please support the club with your own sensitive handling of photographs and videos. Do not use cameras or camera/phones in the changing rooms. If you post pictures of sailing at the Reservoir on your own social media sites, please consider the following policy guidance. It is all common sense.
- We will normally only identify a child by reference to the child's first name.
- We will not use personal details or full names (ie. first name and surname) of any child to accompany a photographic image on video, on our website, in our organisation brochure or any other electronic or printed publications without good reason. 'Good reason' includes using the full name of a child in a newsletter to organisation members if the child has won a trophy or award.
- We will not include personal email or postal addresses, telephone or mobile numbers on video, on our website, in our organisation brochure or in other electronic or printed publications.
- We may use group photographs or video with very general labels, such as 'Cadet Week'.
- We will only use images of children who are suitably dressed, to reduce the risk of such images being used inappropriately.
- Photographs or video may be used for coaching purposes or by officials during competition to illustrate incidents on the water.
- Commercial sale of any form of media will be limited to the organisers or their official photographers.